Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oz


Continued from previous post

 

        I've also begun the sequel to Sense of the Dark, Sword of the Blind. I began thinking I would be writing the epilogue to Sense of the Dark, but it didn't turn out that way. Anyway, after writing all I had at the moment for the next book, I wrote the epilogue for the previous one, and now I'm finished writing it. It's far from done, because I have to fix continuity issues, and such. I can't have Jacob, the main character, do something in one chapter, and then in the next forget he's already done said action.

 

        In other news, I added Paulchester1.blogspot.com as a substitute blog address, so it's easier to spell. I mainly changed it so forgetting two letters didn't take you to another site with a completely different purpose. Both addresses will work, but I think the new one will be easier to remember.

 

          On March 16, my mother and I went to see Oz, The Great and Powerful in IMAX 3-D, and the effects were very good. We also liked the movie, which is a sort of prequel. It tells the story of the actual wizard from the Wizard of Oz, and how three witches came to be rattling around Oz. A lion, a scarecrow, the yellow brick road, the Emerald City, munchkins, and a pointed witch’s hat all make their debut.

 

          IMAX technology must be getting less expensive because a number of previews made their appearance. Star Trek: Into Darkness looks very good, so does the IMAX version of Jurassic Park, after all who doesn't want to see an IMAX 3-D T Rex stomping around the screen? See, a big predatory lizard doesn't even like lawyers. I didn't like the book very much, thought it was a classic but a classic misprint, but The Great Gatsby the movie looks interesting.

 

          We went to the Regal Cinema, and sat in the second tier of seats in the IMAX theater. I didn't want to get a neck injury looking up at the however many foot tall screen.

 

          One more note, our friend from Canada, came in on Wednesday, and my parents and he went to Revello's for pizza. I stayed home, not wanting to hear the old folks reminisce about the days when Fred Flintstone roamed the earth, and what good friends they all had. At least I got six cuts of pizza out of the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment