Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sorcerer Mickey


We had dinner at Cosmic Rays, and rode It’s a Small World, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, Space Mountain, The People Mover, and saw the great equalizer, otherwise known as Stitch’s Great Escape.

Then we went back to Pop Century, and had dinner at the excellent food court. After full dark, Mark and I walked around the hotel grounds to see the lit icons of the various buildings. Last time we stayed, we were by the giant bowling pins, but this time we stayed in the building near the giant can of Play Doh and giant yo-yo. Last time I also went with a yo-yo, but I’ve told that story before. This time walking around I got a better view of the Rubik’s cube, which I saw at a distance last time. I also saw the cell phones, and walked on the keyboard of the giant laptop. I saw a giant eight-track tape player. I’m probably forgetting things, but I can’t remember anymore.

          Next day my father and I went to Magic Kingdom because my brother had to work. We rode Pirates of the Caribbean, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear, and I think we saw Mickey’s Philharmagic. We were going to see Country Bear Jamboree, but we had to meet Mark in Epcot. Country Bear is a good show, and the characters are big enough even I can see them without assistance.

          We took the monorail, and when we arrived, made our way to Italy. I think we rode the Mexico and Norway arise again, and I really like the outdoor market ambience of the finale of the Mexico ride. We had dinner as Via Napoli, and didn’t think it was anything special. The veal meatballs I had with my pasta were different, but nothing to rave about. After this, we rode Spaceship Earth and walked through Innoventions. We took a spin on Sum of All Thrills, which was billed as like Cyberspace Mountain in Downtown Disney. Cyberspace Mountain was better because the seating and harness were different on Sum of All Thrills so that you slid around on in your seat too much. You also had to pull yourself up and backwards into the seat, which is hard for hobbits, dwarves, and other non-Big People.

          Now the day for taps was finally here, and unfortunately we had to pack. Going back with me was a stuffed Tigger, which sits on the top of my computer, a Sorcerer Mickey leaning against my printer in between a Mexican and Viking Donald, and an Animal Kingdom shirt.

Mark and I were able to squeeze in one more The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Snow White’s Scary Adventure. The problem came when we went for the bus because it took 40 minutes to get there, and then the time to get back. The bus driver didn’t help matters by seeming oblivious to the long wait, and slowing down whenever she starts talking to a passenger. We got back to the hotel on time, and had to say au revoir until next time.
         
          This post was a little delayed because I was working on my book. I will write more next time, but I don’t want to run over my word limit. Word limit!? Me, you say, yes, even I have a word limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment