Sunday, July 22, 2012

Parade


Continued from previous entry… After Tomorrowland we caught the bus for the Fort Wilderness campground for our reservation at Trail’s End Restaurant. Dinner was excellent, and then I think we caught a ferry to the Magic Kingdom to get a spot for the Main Street Electrical Parade.

We got a spot in one of the handicapped only viewing areas, and cast members were walking by keeping people who weren't disabled out of that area. Cast members were also asking about what people’s favorite rides, and in the course of discussions I mentioned two of my favorites were Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and Toy Story Mania.

I think two cast members were standing there, and I told them my scores, especially how I received my planetary space pilot license in Buzz Lightyear. One of them, Vince from guest relations told us about a pin you could get inscribed with just about anything, anything being my high score. Some might think my obsession with high scores is odd, but it's really not. It's the fact I can beat sighted people at something because in the non-Disney world it’s very seldom possible.

After he told us this, my mother went to get the pin, and encountered Vince who was getting it for me. This was extremely nice of him to do, and it exemplifies the Disney spirit of wishing to make everyone's dreams come true. The pin doesn't have my planetary space pilot qualification on it, but the surface area can't fit all my numerous accolades. I can't participate in Twitter because I can't speak in less than 140 characters. So why should one of my pins be any different?

One thing I forgot to mention on my blog of the previous week, I have a stuffed animal squirrel, and Mark usually takes it when he's here. He squirrelnaps it for a little while, and then give it back. I call it an attack squirrel, and he's always putting in odd places. This happened a few years ago, but once he tried to give my mother a heart attack by putting it on her pillow.

All this is background to me saying he mustn't have been feeling very well because he didn't squirrelnap it on his most recent visit, the week of July 10.

Yesterday we went to see The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX, and IMAX is very cool. However, it wasn't cool enough to get me to see movies in it all the time because for the amount of money, it wasn't that good. I pre-ordered the tickets, in order to make sure we had a seat. It was the 12:00 p.m., and earliest IMAX showing, but I still thought every seat would be filled. They weren't, but more seats were filled than most times we go. For once, I had to be a narrator for my mother because she doesn't remember everything from the previous two films.

No comments:

Post a Comment