Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Disney XXIII

Again boring educational stuff, I want thrill rides, but that’s not what World Showcase is. That’s where I went after we finished Future World. There were and still are only two rides in World Showcase, plus a number of shows. We wandered in and out of shops, and went on the two rides. When we rode the Maelstrom, the ride in Norway, on this and future occasions, in the part where the troll forces you backward, your boat almost falls over a waterfall. It seemed that previous to the 2009 trip already described, the boat hung over the waterfall further. We ate at a restaurant in Italy that had very good food, but as of 2009 they have a new one where Alfredo’s was. That concludes our visit to EPCOT, next up MGM.

Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster, weren’t there when we went for our first time, and I believe mostly everything else was the same. Now this was my kind of park, but the Magic Kingdom was and is still Numero Uno. We went to the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids playground, with its giant grass(and before you ask no, there aren’t giant marijuana plants there), slides and such. Forget what else we did. We ate at a restaurant called the Soundstage, and some characters were there. I believe Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger(not Tiger, Animal Kingdom wasn’t there yet), were there. I can’t remember much else of MGM.

I believe those are the major highlights but no Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney. I’ll touch on fireworks and parades. I believe we did see one daylight parade, but I didn’t really see it. The floats are big and lots of colors but it’s hard to see because of the sun. I think we saw SpectroMagic and the Fireworks, and they were a lot easier for me to see. We saw Illuminations; I think it was a little different. I’m pretty sure they didn’t have the floating globe, and the music was different.

As I said earlier, we’ve stayed on the Walt Disney World grounds ever since this trip. That’s all for now from Disney. Stay tuned

P.S. Today a baby Gorilla was born at the Animal Kingdom(Hey, I didn’t know they cloned Mark).

No comments:

Post a Comment