Saturday, January 23, 2010

Disney XX

I would’ve happily stayed until the end of time but unfortunately, we had to leave on day 7. The rest of us had to leave on day 7 but my expletive deleted brother stayed an extra night, I think it was just to annoy me. If he wants to he can say what the real reason was but I enjoy my persecution complex. Anyway, we bade farewell to Walt Disney World for this time and were taken back to the real world. I mean really, what is it good for, staying in Fantasyland seems just fine to me.

Went through security again at the airport, fun times. Then we sat in the waiting room until our flight was called. To pass the time, my father and I went to see if we could find some lunch. Next time we go, I’m going to see if they have a list of the restaurants they have at the airport and their menus online. I just hope I don’t get put on the no-fly list for trying. I do have a handheld electronic magnifier that I’m pretty sure could help me, at least to some extent, but I’m also pretty sure that I’d get security called on me. Anyway, I forget what I had but I do recall that it was pretty good for airport food; then our flight was called.

We boarded the plane to take us away from Florida. I think I said this before but I’ll tell it again because it was rather irritating. I had my cane in the seat pocket, it was folded up but it was out. The flight attendant had had no problem with my cane on the flight down but not so on this flight. One of them came by and asked me to put my cane in a compartment. We said that there was no problem on the flight down and that I did need it but she was insistent.

Now the episode with American airlines and the orange juice hadn’t happened yet but it lends credence to why I put my cane in a compartment. I didn’t feel like getting a federal warning or being thrown off the plane for my cane unless I thought it was necessary. I was with my parents, so when the flight landed they could get the cane since we put it in an overhead bin. If I was traveling alone, I probably would have taken my chances on being insistent but I don’t want to end up on the no-fly list. You see and read all these stories of people who have no business being on the no-fly list but, for one reason or another, they are. If you can get a federal warning over politely insisting on a cup of orange juice, what chance does a blind guy have.

No comments:

Post a Comment