Monday, December 14, 2009

Disney XV

There’s a new ride that just got added called Toy Story Mania. It’s along the same lines as Buzz Lightyear in the Magic Kingdom and as with Buzz, I enjoyed this attraction. This attraction is based off an arcade concept but with two differences: you are riding and you wear 3D glasses. You are much closer to your targets than Buzz; the screen is directly in front of the ride vehicle. I can see more than I can in Buzz, but that doesn’t diminish the fact that I still can’t see that much of what I’m shooting at. A very nice ride for the above reason; for me, not seeing somewhat enhances the experience because I can’t really see what I’m doing and so more of a challenge.

Last, at Disney’s Hollywood Studio’s is Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Before I begin, let me say that there is an Ariel ride planned for Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom. This, however, is Voyage of the Little Mermaid. As with all shows, I sit up front but not too close; the stage is raised and made of stone. I sit relatively close and have a very good view. Ariel narrates her own story but I can’t see if the Ariel is a real person in a costume or an animatronics figure. She tells the story and from time to time movie clips are shown on the screen in the background. One effect is if you sit close to the screen you get wet, which always cool.

We went to Mama Melrose’s for lunch that day and the food was good. It was basically a normal restaurant with movie props and pictures, most of which I can’t see.

We caught a bus back to Pop Century, got our refillable mugs and had dinner at the surprisingly good food court. Then Mark and I walked around outside for a bit; I saw the lit up bowling pins as well as the lit up rubics cube.

1 comment:

  1. You and the bowling pins! There were OTHER things there, too, you know. Sheesh. You'd think I never took you anywhere. :-P

    ReplyDelete