Monday, May 28, 2012

Studio Magic


          Now it's second star to the right… whoops wrong land, I mean on to Tomorrowland. There we rode Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, and I got 104,400 points somehow. I qualified as a planetary space pilot. For some reason though, they still wouldn't let me pilot the plane home, or even be copilot. There must've been something far in the distance that was worth 100,000 points, and since I can't aim at targets, I just keep shooting. Audio description was available for the ride, but I neither knew that, nor would it have been useful for me.

I suppose someone who's completely blind could use the description for the scenery flying by, but if you listen to the description, you're not shooting at the targets. At least I wouldn't be able to concentrate on those two tasks simultaneously. Then everyone else claimed tiredness, and we went back to Pop Century. Even if I were tired, at Walt Disney World I would never under any circumstances admit it. After returning, we recovered our valuables from the cage that I wasn't able to stuff Mark into, and went up to our rooms.

We unpacked our luggage, and I at least went to sleep with visions of the Tower of Terror dancing in my head.

We got up, purchased our breakfast from the food court in the main building, and caught a bus for the park. There was always maintenance staff doing various tasks that involved using hoses, and I had to make sure I didn't trip over any of them. I don't know if there was another way to go, but it would've most likely been longer.

Even when the buses were crowded, one of the passengers was always very good about asking if I needed a seat. The bus arrived at MGM (Disney Hollywood Studios) shortly after 9 AM, and we went to guest relations to get the audio descriptive device. We had two false starts where the person assisting us programmed it as a captioning device, I assume for the hearing impaired, but finally my mostly useless brother went back a third time. A manager came, and programmed it correctly.

First we went to Tower of Terror then to Rock 'n Roller Coaster, and I wasn't surprised when the device didn't work on either of these attractions. It would've been nice if it had worked in the queue and preshow areas because in the Tower of Terror queue you go through a boiler room and other areas with all sorts of odds and ends found in a hotel. In Rock 'n Roller Coaster meantime, the queue area you go through contains all sorts of Aerosmith memorabilia, and then you see the preshow where you get your backstage passes to Aerosmith.

In today's news, my mother and I went to see Men in Black 3, and it was pretty good. J has to go back in time to save K, but it just wasn't as good as the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment