Friday, March 16, 2012

Wired For Sound

            Even though I'm only volunteering at the Genealogical Research Society of Northeastern Pennsylvania, it didn't make me any happier to waste a day while the tech service figured out they couldn't send anyone. Maybe I should've taken the, I don't think anyone is available on the day we originally scheduled for a flat no.  So next time I need a part installed in my computer I guess I'll ask more questions.

As I said previously, the appointment was rescheduled for Monday, and the technician did come. It seems all he did was take a few screws out, remove the side cover, and snap the new soundcard in the place of the old one. He loaded the new software onto the computer, and then I tested the sound. I had to lower the volume of Windows Media Player because there was such a difference. I tried the check microphone test on Dragon again after the technician left and it passed. Although it seemed to work fine without completing that test, I still feel much better knowing Dragon’s microphone test was successful.

During warm weather, I walk seven or eight blocks to my house from Walgreens because exercise is good for you. For some time on the way to my house various sidewalks have been blocked, so I've had to cross to the other side of the street. On one of these occasions, I was about to cross to continue walking, when a car coming onto the side street stopped, and the driver said that the sidewalk was blocked. He then pulled out into the middle of the street, thereby blocking the intersection, so I could cross. I thanked him, and we both went our separate ways.

Even when I don't particularly need assistance, I thank them either way because they're only trying to be helpful. If I, being a blind individual, gruffly brushed aside assistance, next time that person saw a blind person they might not help them. In other words, saying thank you doesn't cost anything, and it will hopefully do some good in the future.

Two weekends ago my mother and I went to see the 3-D Star Wars and the previews before the movie, which were also in 3-D turned out to be more 3-D than the actual movie. I wanted to go see it because I thought George Lucas would make a well done 3-D picture. He didn't, and it turned out to be a wasted $10.50. When my mother asked where to deposit the 3-D glasses, the attendant said to throw them away because they only reuse the IMAX 3-D glasses. I still like the Great Escape theater better than Cinemark, but throwing the glasses away lessens my good feeling.

I didn't post for a little while because I was writing a short story. After all the bugs have been ironed out, I will probably be publishing it to Amazon Kindle and I have recently published my blog to Kindle as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment