Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sigils and scissors

It’s a good thing the kids knew what they were doing in finding the web games because other than getting them to the site, I was of very little help. The one that wasn’t playing was either watching the other one play, or he was being amused by me. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was on HBO, so sometimes they were watching that. I don’t remember when this was, but Michael asked if the Area 51 poster I have was my sign or something. I said it was my sigil, and then had to explain what a sigil was. I think I said it was one’s symbol.

At some point, Bryan, my cousin, came in to see what everyone was doing, and he told his Blind babysitter that I was doing a fine job. This was sarcasm because he then took scissors away from Brandon who’d just grabbed them. I put some stuff away that I thought a 2-year-old might get, but I apparently missed a few items. When Michael was playing his computer game, I was able to assist him a little, but not much. At some point we were all called to dinner.

Michael had a turkey leg (he ate some of it and I finished the rest), some of my mother’s homemade stuffing, some mashed potatoes and gravy, and some corn. I usually eat the turkey legs, but it looks like when Mikey gets a bit older I’ll have to share. That or we can arm wrestle. I’m not averse to arm wrestling a future 8-year-old for a turkey leg. Brandon had some mashed potatoes and apple sauce. My mother said he didn’t feed the floor, and thus our dog, that much. Michael and Matthew both had peanut butter pie, and ate all of it.

After dinner there was a little argument over who got to play on my computer, so I simply tossed them both off. When they come again I’ll set time limits. After that there was some more of me being the alien, and then it was time for them to go.

P.S. On the headlines segment of the Tonight Show last week, Jay Leno had a headline reading “Woman Arrested in Wal-Mart for Running with Scissors.” So maybe I’m not such a bad babysitter after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment