Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Day

I haven’t posted in a while because I ran out of ideas, and I didn’t want to post just for posting’s sake. I’m back now, and as long as I have ideas, I’ll post about them. Obviously, my last post was incorrect and it has been more than a few weeks.

In the interim my brother is in California and doesn’t like it very much that I have a driver’s license out there. My brother is currently clerking for the 9th Circuit, and thus still has his soul. However, he'll be selling it in a year when he gets back to Washington D.C.

My brother couldn’t come in for Thanksgiving, so it was just my parents, me, my cousin and his family. My cousin, his wife and their three sons arrived between 1-2pm. Since Mark wasn’t here, it fell to me to be the nanny, and I only got fired once. For a blind guy, I take that as a compliment, but I’ll explain later. They like to play the alien game; I think that became the name because I have an alien Area 51 poster on my closet door. Basically, they run by me, and I try to pick them up to eat them. As an aside, they don’t taste very good, so I don’t recommend it. They also found a new game where I drag them back and forth and then send them down the hall on their momentum.

Then they discovered my computer, so I deactivated Zoomtext for them to play. I can’t really at first tell the difference between Matthew and Michael, the two older ones because most of the clues I use to tell the difference between people are the same. They’re roughly the same height, at least seen at a distance, and for me that’s not to terribly far. Voices are very similar, especially when they talk fast and both have the same amount of hair. Michael’s voice is a bit deeper though, so when they speak slower, it’s easier to tell them apart. Their 3rd child, Brandon, is easy to tell apart. He’s short, fast, at least from my perspective, and still talks mostly baby talk. He’s only two; oh, and he’s relatively light to pick up. I’m going to have to stop doing the alien game in another year or two because Matthew and Michael are approaching too heavy to pick up.

Next time I’ll talk about sigils, running with scissors, and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment