Monday, February 8, 2010

My mother reminded me of another book I read in one of the years, Catcher in the Rye. As I remember (though it was 10 years ago), Catcher wasn’t as good as 1984, but still it was a pretty good book. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court, and The Hollow Hills (I think that was the title), were others. Don’t know how I forget this, but Lord of the Flies was another one; now, it’s probably deemed politically incorrect but interesting book, not for everyone, though.

Some of these I got as audiobooks from our local library, others I read with my big electronic magnifier. In class, we also read some Shakespeare; at one time I could recite from memory the Antony eulogy in Julius Caesar, the Tomorrow and Tomorrow speech in Macbeth, and others. I have all of Shakespeare’s works on audio now, but they’re dramatized so the volume shifts so it’s hard to listen to them everywhere.

One of the classes that I really didn’t see, in the literal sense of the word, the need for was geometry. I never, and still don’t, understand why I of all people had to take geometry. I don’t know about any of you, my readers, but I certainly wouldn’t want to spend any time in a building I constructed. As soon make me take the drivers’ safety class that I was excused from. Maybe I could crash into a building and then attempt, badly, to rebuild it; that’s about all I see with geometry.

Don’t remember when this was but it was on my last day of orientation and mobility, my instructor gave me a little flying dragon figurine. When Mark went on his study abroad in college, he brought be back a coliseum (the original) miniature back. Now, I put the dragon in the coliseum, and I think it looks really cool.

When I went through school, excluding college, I didn’t bring my cane. One reason was I wanted to be like everyone else, even though I wasn’t;t another was that I’m fairly sure, when I folded it up to sit down, it would’ve walked away on more than one occasion. I did use my cane in college because there’s more walking involved but also, I was confident it wasn’t going to misplace itself.

I think next time I’ll do a Disney entry from our first trip. That trip will only be one, I think, because I can’t remember that much from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment