Sunday, February 21, 2010

Disney XXI

Our first trip to Walt Disney world was in 1994 but we did make one trip to Disneyland when I was 5; I don’t remember a thing but Mark, who was only 2 ½ at the time, swears he can remember everything. I guess that’s practice for when he’s a lawyer. Truthfully, I can’t remember very much from our ’94 trip either and most of what I can remember, I’ve already discussed.

We took regular flights, not a charter as with our most recent trip and thus didn’t arrive until evening, even though we left in the morning. We stayed off the grounds in Kissimee at the Holiday Inn Maingate. This was the first and last time we stayed off the grounds. For me, I don’t know about anyone else but it took too much time; you had to go from your hotel to the TTC, Transportation and Ticket Center, then from there, one took a monorail or bus to the parks. I think all we did was get there, have dinner and go to sleep. We went in June, since we were in school until then, and it was crowded.

Most of the rides at the Magic Kingdom I’ve already described but some we did our first time that we don’t do and others that aren’t there anymore. Of the ones that are gone, even though I prefer its replacement, I wish they kept both. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride it was called and it was pretty neat; I can’t remember very much other than it always seemed as though you were going to crash into everything. It was replaced with The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh which I previously described in a Disney post.

In Adventureland, we went through the Swiss Family Treehouse and didn’t do it again; lots of visual stuff that I either couldn’t see or wasn’t that interesting. I don’t think we saw the Tiki Birds the first time; we or I thought it would be lame. One of us was wrong because the Tiki Birds were very neat.

In Frontierland we didn’t see Country Jamboree because my mom, brother and I thought it would be stupid; my father wanted to see it but was overruled. While not as neat as the Tiki Birds, it’s worth seeing, in my opinion. We also went through the Frontierland shootin’ Arcade, which was fairly dumb. Unlike Buzz or Toy Story Mania, the shootin’ arcade just has you shoot at various targets against a wall.

I can’t remember if we saw the Hall of Presidents or not but we did ride the Haunted Mansion; I don’t know if it was love at first crash or not. In Fantasyland we rode Cinderella’s Golden Carousel, I have always disliked carousels, especially climbing on the stupid horses but I think I was at the wanting to be like everyone else stage, so I rode them. I don’t ride them anymore and if I do, I’ll sit in one of those cars. We also rode the mad tea cups, don’t ask me why, all they do is spin around; I think we wanted to try everything at that point. Selectivity would come later.

So much for only one entry on our ’94 trip; oh well, I did warn everyone that brevity isn’t my strong suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment