Monday, May 30, 2011

Still Here

Well, the apocalypse didn't get me. I've heard it didn't happen because two of the Horsemen got stuck in the mud, and the other two got into a fight with Gandalf and lost. I hear the date’s now October 21, and I hear the headless horseman is dying to get into the action. Enough about the apocalypse though.

My mother and I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: on Stranger Tides yesterday, and we liked it very much. I haven't seen anyone reviewing it on TV, but I can't imagine the reviews are pretty. Since it's a movie about pirates, mermaids Blackbeard, and general works of imagination, therefore it should be panned. I can almost guarantee you without seeing any official reviews that this is their opinion. Not all movies can be the King’s Speech, and not all should be. When it first came out, the critics panned Independence Day, and that made a lot of money. I think to be a movie critic, you must have your imagination removed.

I don't want to give too much away because I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone. Those who've seen the three prior movies will enjoy this one as much as the others, and I think those that haven't seen any previous installments will enjoy this one as well. I don't think I'm giving too much away when I say they're searching for the fountain of youth, and no they don't meet Indiana Jones or his father at the fountain. Another thing I'll tell you is stay until the very end, meaning until the credits are done. That's all I'll say. I forgot to say, Pirates of the Caribbean was also in 3-D, but there were very few scenes that I could imagine being enhanced by 3-D. We saw it in normal mode, and that was fine by me.

I also rented Tron Legacy a month or so ago, and that was excellent as well. How it was described, I thought there'd be a greater difference between the real world and the world of Tron. When they were in Tron, everything was outlined in light, and that to me seemed to be the only difference. Tron is a world that exists in computers, and is reached by stepping through a door from our world to that one. For being such an odd concept, it turned out to be a pretty good movie. It's not necessary to have seen the previous movie, since I didn't. I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

When it came out, a few months ago, we went to see The Conspirator. This is a movie about the woman charged in the conspiracy to kill President Lincoln. It too was a good movie, and I think it paints an accurate portrait of the times.

No comments:

Post a Comment