Thursday, October 15, 2009

Introduction

My name is Joseph P. Taticchi and I am from Scranton, Pennsylvania. I've lived here my whole life. I attended West Scranton High School and then Penn State Worthington Scranton and then Marywood University. I graduated from Worthington with an Associates Degree in Letters, Arts and Sciences. Then went on to Marywood where I graduated with a Bachelors Degree in History.

I have also been visually-impaired my whole life which is the main reason I created this blog; to offer a different perspective on the world. I am legally-blind, and for every person who asks me what I can and can't see I usually have a different answer. I try to relate it to the situation at the moment and not just give some abstract answer that they really won't understand. I would rather have people ask what my vision is rather than just wondering and maybe coming to incorrect conclusions. It's fairly obvious when one sees me that I have a vision problem because I use a white cane. Even though that's what they call it, it's not entirely white; it has a black rubber grip at the top and a string to secure it when folded. Then comes the white and then, the bottom segment is red with some kind of tip on the bottom. Currently, I have a rolling tip on mine, which looks sort of like a baseball but there can also be a marshmallow tip and others. I'll continue later, I have an appointment to keep.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment